” The recompense of deeds on Friday is twice as much. so avoid sins and perform good deeds to gain more thawaab.” Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)
” The sunrise of Friday is better than all the other days, and the birds too when they meet on Friday say Peace, Peace…… on this righteous day.” Imam Muhammad Al-Baqir (pbuh)
This implies that there is no better day than Friday from its dawn.
” As soon as the sun sets and Friday begins, Allah orders an angel to announce:
Is there any mu’min servant who before the night ends asks for safety in this world and peace in the hereafter so I may grant it to him/her? Is there any mu’min servant who turns to me in repentance so I may forgive him/her? Is there any mu’min servant who is in distress, seeks livelihood, or seeks good health in illness, or freedom in captivity, or gain in times of loss…… I will grant him/her what is asked for if I am called upon tonight…” Imam Muhammad Al-Baqir (pbuh)
*The night precedes the day and therefore Friday begins at Maghrib on Thursday.
Some of the recommended amal for the day of Jumua’
- Recite Suratul Jumua’ in the first rakat of Fajr salaa and Suratul Ikhlas in the second.
- Recite Suratur Rahmaan after the ta’qibaat of Salatul Fajr.
- Recite salawat 100x
- Recite Suratul Ikhlas 100x
- Recite Suratul Ahqaaf and Suratul Mu’minoon after Salatul Fajr.
- Recite Ayatul Kursi as many times as possible from Fajr to Dhuhr.
- Do ghusl of Jumua’. It is recommended to do ghusl between Fajr and Dhuhr
- Cut nails, trim hair, wear neat clean clothes and apply perfume.
- Eat a pomegranate for breakfast if possible.
- Utilise time in learning about religion.
- Visit the graves of relations and mu’mineen.
- Recite Dua An-Nudba
- Do Istighfaar after Salatul ‘Asr 70x
The day of Jumua’ is associated with Imam Mahdi (pbuh). He was born on a Friday and his zhuhur will be on a Friday. It is recommended to give sadaqa on Friday for his safety and remember him in earnest.