JUMUA’ IN RAMADHAN
Its Rahma raining from the heavens (and because of Ramadhan an absolute downpour)…
Some of the recommended ‘amal for the day of Jumua’
- Recite Suratul Jumua’ in the first rakat of Fajr salaa and Suratul Ikhlas in the second.
- Recite Suratur Rahmaan after the ta’qibaat of Salatul Fajr.
- Recite salawat as much as possible
- Recite Suratul Ikhlas as much as you can
- Recite Ayatul Kursi as many times as possible from Fajr to Dhuhr.
- Do ghusl of Jumua’. It is recommended to do ghusl between Fajr and Dhuhr (as near to the time of Dhur as possible). Rasulullah (pbuh) said to Imam Ali (pbuh): “Ya Ali! Do ghusl on Friday even if it means that by purchasing the water you will have to give up a day’s food for there is no better good deed than it.”
- Cut nails, trim hair, wear neat clean clothes and apply perfume.
- Eat a pomegranate for sehri if possible.
- Utilise time in learning about religion.
- Visit the graves of relations and mu’mineen.
- Recite Dua An-Nudba
- Do Istighfaar after Salatul ‘Asr 70x
- The day of Jumua’ is associated with Imam Mahdi (pbuh). He was born on a Friday and his zhuhur will be on a Friday. It is recommended to give sadaqa on Friday for his safety and remember him in earnest.