The sura is divided into 8 sections (remember the 8 legs of the spider)
Its message revolves around afflictions or tests necessary to test one’s faith.
- The first section alludes to physical, emotional & social afflictions
- The second section reminds of the tests of past prophets
- The name of the sura comes from this section and warns against the flimsiness of relying on other that Divinity
- The solution lies in the Qur’an and Salaa
- When interacting with the Ahlul Kitab there is a necessity to do so with commonalities
- A warning against defiance
- When it gets impossible to survive in a situation then His earth is vast and migration (Hijra) is necessary. A reminder that every soul will taste death.
- Finally, it is He who sustains and protects and for us is to strive to do